Saturday, August 13, 2011

I don't know how they manage to do sex before marriage


I don`t know how they manage to do sex before marriageBorn as Shree Amma Yanger on Aug 13, 1963, Sridevi started her acting career as a child artist at the age of four in Tamil movie Kandan Karunai.

Besides acting in numerous Tamil, Telegu and Malayalam films, she literally ruled Bollywood (Hindi film industry) in 1980s and early 1990s with films like Mr India, Nagina, Sadma, Tohfa, Aakhree Raasta, Chaalbaaz, Lamhe and Khuda Gawah. 

She also acted in television serial Malini Iyer in 2004-05. 

She married producer Boney Kapoor in 1996 and has two daughters Jhanvi and Khushi. 

She will reportedly make a comeback in films with Gauri Shinde's debut flick titled English Vinglish. 

Excerpts from her interviews given to various magazines and newspapers over the years: 

Sridevi on cinema: 
Cinemas was, has and always will be a major part of my life. It has made me the person I am today and I do not know a life apart from movies. It's true that I did take a break for a while, but that was to tend to my children and my family. Even then, I was always active with Boney's production company.

Sridevi on her parents: 
My parents were lovely people, they installed good manners in me, taught me to respect elders and always guided me. 

In fact the first time I was away from my parents for a long time was during the shooting of Gurudev, Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja and Lamhe which were shot back - to - back, overseas. 

Every morning before I left for my shoot, I made sure I spoke to my parents, they called me without fail. 

One particular morning, I never got a call from my father and the next thing I was told that he was ill, but the truth was that he was no more... and the same thing happened at the time of my mother's death - I was away on a shoot for the filming of Judaai when she passed away.

My mother had always thought of me as her son , she used to tell me that. My lighting the funeral pyre was simply my way of paying homage to her belief in me. It was a traumatic and emotional decision but I had to do it. 

Sridevi on Boney Kapoor: 
Boney came to me in 1984 to sign me to play Seema, the lead female role for Mr India. He confessed later, that he fell in love with me outright! He however did take a few years to sort out his life before formally proposing to me in 1993. 

I fell in love with him when I got to know the real him. It was difficult, traumatic even and it took me many years to finally accept the fact that I was destined to be with Boney.

In hindsight, I only wish that I had realized and accepted his love for me sooner. I always believe in following my heart and I am glad that I did. My parents had passed away by then and my sister was shocked with my decision. But now, she shares a great relationship with my husband and is convinced that he is the best thing that ever happened to me! 

The same goes for my in laws. I share a fantastic relationship with them. My mother in law adores me and I always try to pamper her because she loves to be spoilt by me.

I can also never forget the support and strength I got from my sister in law Sunita (actor Anil Kapoor's wife) all through and the love I got from Boney's sister, Reena.

The affectionate bond I share with Boney's youngest brother, Sanjay and his wife Maheep is also a lifeline!" 

Sridevi on love:
I wouldn't know how important the emotion love is to the kids of today. Love for me is not just saying 'I love you' neither is it physical attraction. Love does exist.

And there are some people who do believe that virginity is the most prized possession a woman takes with her to her husband's house after she is married. What's wrong with that? 

But yes, it seems to have become a trend to have a lot of affairs and indulge in sex before marriage. I would never be able to do it. I don't know how they manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment