Thursday, November 24, 2011

Male models have short life


Male models have short lifeIf female models do not enjoy a longer shelf life, their male counterparts have an even shorter career in the glamour world, says Mumbai-based model Sahil Shroff, who is making his film debut with "Don 2". 

"Modelling has a very small life especially for male models and they need a lot of hard work and skill to get noticed. I won't say men has harder life in modelling world but yes there is less work for them and that is where the diversion to Bollywood comes into, " Sahil told.

Rahul Dev, Milind Soman, Dino Morea, John Abraham, Arjun Rampal and Arjan Bajwa started their respective careers with modelling, but later strutted towards the Hindi film industry. 

"There are many who are still trying to get into Bollywood but at the end of the day, you have to make opportunities yourself by polishing your acting skills.

"Luck and hard work obviously plays an important part. I am really impressed with the way Arjun Rmapal and John Abraham have outshone themselves in Bollywood. Coming from modelling background, they have done fabulous job, " he added. 

Sahil, who grew up in Australia, comes from a Sindhi family, and walked for designers like Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Narendra Kumar and JJ Valaya.

He has also done TV commercials for Lux with Aishwarya Rai, Tata Indica Xeta and Cadbury's Eclairs. 

However, he didn't walk into films without preparation - he took acting and voice lessons from veterans like Anupam Kher before bagging a role in Farhan Akhtar's "Don 2" where he will share screen space with Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra. 

"I am playing a character named Arjun. It was great sharing screen space with Shah Rukh and Priyanka, " he said. 

"Through 'Don 2' I am not shifting my focus, but enlarging my focus. Modelling allowed me to try commercials which enhanced my acting capabilities and inspired me to focus on acting. I won't say I am quitting modelling forever, but yes there will be balance of both."

It was reported that Sahil became too close to Priyanka while shooting for the movie and that they were seeing each other. 

Sahil describes this link up rumour as people's figment of imagination, and added: "Since I am a newcomer, Priyanka helped me with acting tips. When you are making your film debut, you need all kinds of advise. And being in the industry for almost a decade now, she gave me a few tips. The link up rumours were more of sarcastic comment. Media took it in wrong way." 

And how about the experience working with the superstar Shah Rukh? 

"Shah Rukh is such a down-to-earth person that he doesn't come across as being a huge star. There was no feeling of seniority from his side. He was extremely funny and pleasure to work with, " he said. 

Any other Bollywood project in hand?

"Until 'Don 2' comes out, I am going ahead with my modelling career. I want to act in good films, so I am reading scripts and meeting people. I haven't signed anything new yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment