Friday, November 18, 2011

Watch out Girls, Hottest Desi Boyz are here


Watch out Girls, Hottest Desi Boyz are hereJohn Abraham and Akshay Kumar will be seen rocking, stripping and doing some masala action in Rohit Dhawan's debut flick. Sreya Basu catches up with the actors in Mumbai

What are the three desi things both of you have at present?
Akshay: I try to be as desi as possible…my desi-ness is as much love and ghee a mother puts in paranthas for her son.

I have Hindustani blood in me…perhaps that's why I am doing a film also by the name Desi Boyz.

John: A desi boy has his passport (Laughs). I think more than wearing desi clothes and having desi food, it's more about belonging to your roots and not forgetting where you come from.

I speak on behalf of Akshay also…we both are sons of the soil and believe that where we come from is where we are. It is important to remember the people who brought you to where you are.

Both of you are coming together after Garam Masala. How much desi tadka is there in Desi Boyz? 
Akshay: First let me clarify one thing. Many people are asking me if this film has anything to do with Garam Masala…that whether it is a sequel to that film or not.

The story has nothing to do with Garam Masala (2005). As for the tadka concerned, Desi Boyz has all the spices that should ideally be in a Bollywood film.

This movie will be especially appealing to the youth. No matter where you live in life…in Europe or US…never leave your roots, never forget your parents.

What's your relation with John in the film? 
Akshay: Friendship with John in the film can be termed as pro-romance. 

You also spoke Gujarati in the film… 
Akshay: Yes I have spoken Gujarati in the film. My character is called Jerry Patel, whose actual name is Jignesh Patel. 

John, you have already made Desi Girl Priyanka Chopra dance to your tunes in Dostana (2008). So now you have two Desi Girls- Deepika Padukone and Chitrangda Singh-in this film. Who do you think is hottest among the two? 
John: Both of them are exceptional. I have mostly shot with Deepika in the film. I had only one scene with Chitrangada.

It was amazing working with Deepika. She used to come on time and leave on time also. I had too much fun with her on the sets. 

I believe if I enjoy myself while shooting a film, at least in my career, such films have worked. 

You are the original Khiladi Kumar of Bollywood. Now John has also shown his stunts in Force. How about doing an action film together? 
Akshay: I think you are right. We should do an action film together. If John's force meets with mine, the film will be quite forceful.

Do you look up to Akshay for action sequences? 
John: Well, Akshay has been a guiding force from Garam Masala. I was very raw then and I learnt a lot from him.

Even during Force, I was always asked who the fittest man in the industry is. And I always said it is Akshay Kumar and I still stand by that. 

He is a true inspiration in a lot more ways than one. I mean to look so fit and handsome all the time is really difficult.

What kind of girls do you think today's boys prefer? 
Akshay: Today's boys prefer girls in salwar kameez, sarees, mini skirts, jeans…desi ho toh kafi hai.

John: Ladki ho toh kafi hai.

No comments:

Post a Comment