Friday, October 28, 2011

No A-lister heroine wants to work with Jackky. Do you?

No A-lister heroine wants to work with Jackky. Do you?Reports of A-lister heroines turning down a film with Jackky Bhagnani directed by Raj Kumar Santoshi has so incensed the young actor's producer-father Vashu Bhagnani that Vashu has decided to go ahead and make the film with a new face.

Apparently an A-lister heroine had almost been finalized by Raj Santoshi when the hurt and humiliated father Vashu Bhagnani suggested they go for a fresh face. Both felt that a newcomer would serve the film's purposes far better. And now a fresh face is being launched. And now an all-India hunt has been launched for a face to star opposite Jackky.

Hurt but unresentful, Vashu says, "I made one flop and then a superhit with my son. F. A. L. T. U had no big names playing the leads. And yet it worked. It's the script that finally works. How many times do we need to be reminded of this?"

Vashu is baffled and offended by reports that A-lister heroines have refused to work with his son. "I read a report that I had offered Katrina Kaif Rs 20 crores to work with my son.

Which insane producer would offer that kind of money to any actress? Wouldn't I be better off using that money to make sure my son's film is well-made?

I've known Katrina from the time she came into the industry. I had offered her a Out Of Control opposite Riteish Deshmukh. She had turned it down. But we remained on cordial terms since then. If I thought Katrina to be suitable for a part I'd ask her. "

Vashu feels it is demeaning for a producer of his standing to be going from door-to-door looking for a leading lady for his son. "There're just 4-5 big-name heroines. We need at least a dozen more girls. Rajji has auditioned 30-35 girls. We'll soon finalize a girl for Jackky's film. "

Vashu has pledged to produce three films in the coming year for his son.

"Not that I don't want to work with other actors. Sajid Khan is directing Ajay Devgn for my banner next year. In addition I'd be happy to work with Riteish Deshmukh, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan all my life.

But with my son it's a different equation. He is naturally special for me. And he has given a hit for my banner. He's hard-working and talented boy. So why not? I've three films on the anvil with Jackky.

After Raj Kumar Santoshi there's a film to be directed by Milap Jhaveri. There's also the sequel to F. A. L. T. U that Remo D'Souza is working on. "

No comments:

Post a Comment